Free Learning Center
Free Learning Center
Life Coach Quiz
1. A coach should _________ a client’s views, beliefs, and perceptions to build trust.
2. A coach has just gone through a divorce and is feeling down and unmotivated. The coach recognizes this. What should they do?
Take measures to protect their clients by taking breaks and referring clients to other coaches
To stop returning their clients phone calls
To keep up with their commitments and keep seeing their clients
To talk to other coaches about how bad they feel
3. Which is an example of an open-ended question?
Did you have a good week?
Tell me more about what’s been going on for you this week?
How are you today?
I can’t believe how hard you’ve had it lately, can you?
4. What of the following is NOT a listening technique?
5. A coach’s ______________ helps client create coherent interpretations that help clients gain self-awareness.
Integration of information
Thorough family history
Belief in change
6. A client comes to you who normally feels very positively about his career. He stated that his job is about to change and he is no longer going to be involved in pursuing his passions. The client states that he’s feeling really low and sad but stated that he wishes to talk about his work during today’s session. What’s the best way for you to proceed as the coach?
Ask the client to tell you all about his day
Tell the client what you agreed to work on a specific goal in the last session and that this is inflexible
Discuss with the client what they’d like to get out of today’s session so that you’re both clear going forward
Give the client a lecture about the importance of passion in one’s career
7. Awareness is important for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
Helps client see when they’re stuck in one way of perceiving the world
Helps clients see the difference between belief and facts
Helps clients notice their thoughts and behaviors
Helps clients see that their problems are everyone else’s fault
8. You should help clients focus on their _______ with questions rather than staying stuck in the past.
9. How should a coach decide on what should be worked on in each session?
he coach should set up what will be worked on in each session at the very beginning of coaching so that they know what to do each week
The coach should decide at the beginning of session what they want to work on that week
The coach should tell the client what they think is most important and ignore client suggestions
The coach should listen to the client’s suggestions and be flexible to working on what the client deems most important
10. Active listening is ______________.
Being fully present and completely attentive to what the client is saying
Doing activities while the client is speaking
Making sure to be an active participant in the discussion between coach and client
Getting excited when the client tells you good news