Free Learning Center
Free Learning Center
Life Coach Quiz
1. A coach states in their marketing materials that they provide every client they’ve ever seen with 100% resolution of all problems in their life. What’s the problem with this statement?
It’s unethical because the coach is using marketing. No coach should market their services
It’s unethical because the coach used statistics to back up their claims in their marketing. No coach should use statistics
It’s unethical because it’s dishonest. No coach can offer resolution to all problems
It’s unethical because the coach discusses the progress of their other clients. No coach should refer to the success of previous clients
2. A coach should _________ a client’s views, beliefs, and perceptions to build trust.
3. Paying attention to body language, tone, pitch, and volume in coaching is ________.
A lot of work
Repetitive with what they’re saying
Revealing of a deeper level of client communication
4. A coach’s ______________ helps client create coherent interpretations that help clients gain self-awareness.
Integration of information
Thorough family history
Belief in change
5. Client goals should address areas where they need ___________.
Growth and development
A good push
6. Why would you ask a client “what’s stopped you from making these changes in the past?”
To question their integrity
To point out their laziness
To explore a client’s commitment and willingness to change
To explore how a client has failed in the past
7. A client comes into session and has not done any work on their goals from the following week. What is the coach’s responsibility?
To tell the client they did a good job
To get angry with the client
To confront the client about their lack of striving on their goals in supportive ways
To ignore the issue and continue the session as though the goals were never set the week before
8. When a client is discussing an issue but the coach suspects that there is more to the issue than the client is saying, what should the coach do?
Give the client an ultimatum “be honest with me, or I can’t be your coach”
Tell the client that you have problems with people who are dishonest
Tell the client what you think is going on
Ask the client if you can delve a little deeper into the issue explaining that you think there may be more to it than is currently being discussed
9. A client shares a story about everything that’s going wrong in her life. The coach reflects that it sounds like she feels frustrated and tired and feels like no one cares about her. What is this an example of?
Belief in the client
Accountability for actions
Pulling out the main points and concerns of the client
Examining the client’s family dynamic
10. Coaches should help client’s identify ways that they can continue ________ throughout life.