Free Learning Center
Free Learning Center
Life Coach Quiz
1. A client comes into session and has not done any work on their goals from the following week. What is the coach’s responsibility?
To tell the client they did a good job
To get angry with the client
To confront the client about their lack of striving on their goals in supportive ways
To ignore the issue and continue the session as though the goals were never set the week before
2. ________________ type of language should be used with clients.
Appropriate and respectful
Outrageous and attention grabbing
Extreme and bold
Limited and simple
3. It’s important not to get caught up in the “content” of what clients communicate, but instead to focus on what?
Their facial expression
What underlies the words
4. Every coaching session should include ______________.
A coaching agreement
Review of the relevant research
A summary of what should be accomplished that day
Recognition of the client’s issues and their accomplishments
5. Which is an example of an open-ended question?
Did you have a good week?
Tell me more about what’s been going on for you this week?
How are you today?
I can’t believe how hard you’ve had it lately, can you?
6. It’s important for a coach to have _____to give a client space to express themselves.
Doubt and questioning
Confrontation and debate
Empathy and acceptance
Excitement and laughter
7. Coaches should focus on what type of goals?
Long term goals only
Specific goals that the client brings to each session only
A balance between long term goals and session specific goals
The coach should not focus on goals
8. Which of the following is NOT considered a “parameter of coaching”?
How to schedule
Length of Session
9. When a client brings in many different issues to the table, the coach should pick the topic that ________________.
The coach has most expertise in
That the client would like to start with
That seems like it would be easiest to solve
That the coach had just read an article about
10. Which of the following is NOT an ethical principle important to coaching?
Setting up a coaching agreement before sessions
No sexual relationships with clients
Keep client information confidential
Refuse service to people you don’t like