Free Learning Center
Free Learning Center
Life Coach Quiz
1. You should help clients focus on their _______ with questions rather than staying stuck in the past.
2. A coach’s ______________ helps client create coherent interpretations that help clients gain self-awareness.
Integration of information
Thorough family history
Belief in change
3. A client shares a story about everything that’s going wrong in her life. The coach reflects that it sounds like she feels frustrated and tired and feels like no one cares about her. What is this an example of?
Belief in the client
Accountability for actions
Pulling out the main points and concerns of the client
Examining the client’s family dynamic
4. A client comes in with an issue and during the session comes up with several new ideas for how they can approach this issue. What should the coach do?
Ignore their ideas
Tell the client that although they could follow their own ideas that they should really do what the coach says
Integrate the client’s ideas with the coaches ideas to co-create solutions
Stop problem solving and focus on the problem
5. What should a coach focus on more than anything?
The story’s the clients tell
The client’s work life
The client’s family relationships
The client’s beliefs, thoughts, and perspectives
6. Which of the following is NOT an expectation of a coach?
To establish trust
To always have the answers
To be empathetic
7. ________________ type of language should be used with clients.
Appropriate and respectful
Outrageous and attention grabbing
Extreme and bold
Limited and simple
8. It’s important for clients to utilize ______ in session so that they can get immediate feedback and support.
9. Active listening is ______________.
Being fully present and completely attentive to what the client is saying
Doing activities while the client is speaking
Making sure to be an active participant in the discussion between coach and client
Getting excited when the client tells you good news
10. A coach should not be focused on making sure that sessions focus on the client’s issues and not __________.
The client’s relationships
The client’s goals
The coach’s problems
The coach’s encouragement