Free Learning Center
Free Learning Center
Life Coach Quiz
1. You should help clients focus on their _______ with questions rather than staying stuck in the past.
2. A client comes in and has achieved the goals that were set at the end of the last session. What is the first action of the coach?
To set new goals
To tell the client they could have worked harder
To celebrate and affirm the client
To tell the client that they no longer need coaching
3. Client goals should address areas where they need ___________.
Growth and development
A good push
4. Which is an example of an open-ended question?
Did you have a good week?
Tell me more about what’s been going on for you this week?
How are you today?
I can’t believe how hard you’ve had it lately, can you?
5. A client comes to you who normally feels very positively about his career. He stated that his job is about to change and he is no longer going to be involved in pursuing his passions. The client states that he’s feeling really low and sad but stated that he wishes to talk about his work during today’s session. What’s the best way for you to proceed as the coach?
Ask the client to tell you all about his day
Tell the client what you agreed to work on a specific goal in the last session and that this is inflexible
Discuss with the client what they’d like to get out of today’s session so that you’re both clear going forward
Give the client a lecture about the importance of passion in one’s career
6. A client comes into session and has not done any work on their goals from the following week. What is the coach’s responsibility?
To tell the client they did a good job
To get angry with the client
To confront the client about their lack of striving on their goals in supportive ways
To ignore the issue and continue the session as though the goals were never set the week before
7. Which of the following is NOT an expectation of a coach?
To establish trust
To always have the answers
To be empathetic
8. It’s important for a coach to have _____to give a client space to express themselves.
Doubt and questioning
Confrontation and debate
Empathy and acceptance
Excitement and laughter
9. Coaches need to help clients explore both their successes and_____?
Their areas for growth
10. Awareness is important for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
Helps client see when they’re stuck in one way of perceiving the world
Helps clients see the difference between belief and facts
Helps clients notice their thoughts and behaviors
Helps clients see that their problems are everyone else’s fault