Free Learning Center
Free Learning Center
Life Coach Quiz
1. It’s important for a coach to have _____to give a client space to express themselves.
Doubt and questioning
Confrontation and debate
Empathy and acceptance
Excitement and laughter
2. A client comes into a session with a coach and is telling the coach how excited they are about their new job. But their voice is quiet and sad sounding and their word choice doesn’t sound excited. What should the coach do?
Confront them about how the words and the behavior don’t match
Ask them what their problem is
Tell them that they should be more excited
Change the subject to something more interesting
3. Which is an example of an open-ended question?
Did you have a good week?
Tell me more about what’s been going on for you this week?
How are you today?
I can’t believe how hard you’ve had it lately, can you?
4. When a client brings in many different issues to the table, the coach should pick the topic that ________________.
The coach has most expertise in
That the client would like to start with
That seems like it would be easiest to solve
That the coach had just read an article about
5. ________________ type of language should be used with clients.
Appropriate and respectful
Outrageous and attention grabbing
Extreme and bold
Limited and simple
6. Active listening is ______________.
Being fully present and completely attentive to what the client is saying
Doing activities while the client is speaking
Making sure to be an active participant in the discussion between coach and client
Getting excited when the client tells you good news
7. A client comes in and has achieved the goals that were set at the end of the last session. What is the first action of the coach?
To set new goals
To tell the client they could have worked harder
To celebrate and affirm the client
To tell the client that they no longer need coaching
8. Which of the following are NOT important in increasing awareness?
Exploring client’s history
Exploring client’s beliefs
Exploring client’s perspectives
Exploring client’s thoughts
9. Coaches should focus on what type of goals?
Long term goals only
Specific goals that the client brings to each session only
A balance between long term goals and session specific goals
The coach should not focus on goals
10. A coach comes home from work and tells their spouse all about how a client came in and is having an affair with his best friend’s wife. What ethical principle has the coach violated?
Conflict of Interest