Free Learning Center
Free Learning Center
Life Coach Quiz
1. Awareness is important for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
Helps client see when they’re stuck in one way of perceiving the world
Helps clients see the difference between belief and facts
Helps clients notice their thoughts and behaviors
Helps clients see that their problems are everyone else’s fault
2. Client goals should address areas where they need ___________.
Growth and development
A good push
3. A coach states in their marketing materials that they provide every client they’ve ever seen with 100% resolution of all problems in their life. What’s the problem with this statement?
It’s unethical because the coach is using marketing. No coach should market their services
It’s unethical because the coach used statistics to back up their claims in their marketing. No coach should use statistics
It’s unethical because it’s dishonest. No coach can offer resolution to all problems
It’s unethical because the coach discusses the progress of their other clients. No coach should refer to the success of previous clients
4. A client comes to you who normally feels very positively about his career. He stated that his job is about to change and he is no longer going to be involved in pursuing his passions. The client states that he’s feeling really low and sad but stated that he wishes to talk about his work during today’s session. What’s the best way for you to proceed as the coach?
Ask the client to tell you all about his day
Tell the client what you agreed to work on a specific goal in the last session and that this is inflexible
Discuss with the client what they’d like to get out of today’s session so that you’re both clear going forward
Give the client a lecture about the importance of passion in one’s career
5. You should help clients focus on their _______ with questions rather than staying stuck in the past.
6. A client comes in with an issue and during the session comes up with several new ideas for how they can approach this issue. What should the coach do?
Ignore their ideas
Tell the client that although they could follow their own ideas that they should really do what the coach says
Integrate the client’s ideas with the coaches ideas to co-create solutions
Stop problem solving and focus on the problem
7. Coaches need to help clients explore both their successes and_____?
Their areas for growth
8. Why is respect of a client’s perspective important?
Helps the client know they’re speaking to a professional
Helps the client know that the coach is worth the money
Helps the client feel heart, understood, and empathized with
Helps the client feel as though their perspective on life is right
9. A coach should _________ a client’s views, beliefs, and perceptions to build trust.
10. It is important for a coach to help clients to find a balance between ___________ and _________.
Push and pull
A comfortable pace and stretching outside of their comfort zone
Work and passion
Going too slow or too fast