Free Learning Center
Free Learning Center
Life Coach Quiz
1. Why is respect of a client’s perspective important?
Helps the client know they’re speaking to a professional
Helps the client know that the coach is worth the money
Helps the client feel heart, understood, and empathized with
Helps the client feel as though their perspective on life is right
2. A client shares a story about everything that’s going wrong in her life. The coach reflects that it sounds like she feels frustrated and tired and feels like no one cares about her. What is this an example of?
Belief in the client
Accountability for actions
Pulling out the main points and concerns of the client
Examining the client’s family dynamic
3. Which of the following is NOT an expectation of a coach?
To establish trust
To always have the answers
To be empathetic
4. It is important for a coach to help clients to find a balance between ___________ and _________.
Push and pull
A comfortable pace and stretching outside of their comfort zone
Work and passion
Going too slow or too fast
5. What is the difference between a coach and psychotherapist?
A coach and a psychotherapist are the same thing
Coaches deal with mental illness, psychotherapists do not
Psychotherapists focus on mental illness, coaches do not
Coaches dislike psychotherapy
6. A coach should _________ a client’s views, beliefs, and perceptions to build trust.
7. Why would you ask a client “what’s stopped you from making these changes in the past?”
To question their integrity
To point out their laziness
To explore a client’s commitment and willingness to change
To explore how a client has failed in the past
8. What aspect of a coach is NOT important in their role as a coach and in life in general?
9. A client comes into a session with a coach and is telling the coach how excited they are about their new job. But their voice is quiet and sad sounding and their word choice doesn’t sound excited. What should the coach do?
Confront them about how the words and the behavior don’t match
Ask them what their problem is
Tell them that they should be more excited
Change the subject to something more interesting
10. _________________ help clients understand concepts with greater depth and sophistication?
In depth explanations
Metaphors and analogies
Fables and fairytales