Free Learning Center
Free Learning Center
Life Coach Quiz
1. What is the difference between a coach and psychotherapist?
A coach and a psychotherapist are the same thing
Coaches deal with mental illness, psychotherapists do not
Psychotherapists focus on mental illness, coaches do not
Coaches dislike psychotherapy
2. A client shares a story about everything that’s going wrong in her life. The coach reflects that it sounds like she feels frustrated and tired and feels like no one cares about her. What is this an example of?
Belief in the client
Accountability for actions
Pulling out the main points and concerns of the client
Examining the client’s family dynamic
3. Every coaching session should include ______________.
A coaching agreement
Review of the relevant research
A summary of what should be accomplished that day
Recognition of the client’s issues and their accomplishments
4. Which is an example of an open-ended question?
Did you have a good week?
Tell me more about what’s been going on for you this week?
How are you today?
I can’t believe how hard you’ve had it lately, can you?
5. Coaches need to help clients explore both their successes and_____?
Their areas for growth
6. A coach should _________ a client’s views, beliefs, and perceptions to build trust.
7. Coaches should help client’s identify ways that they can continue ________ throughout life.
8. A client comes into a session with a coach and is telling the coach how excited they are about their new job. But their voice is quiet and sad sounding and their word choice doesn’t sound excited. What should the coach do?
Confront them about how the words and the behavior don’t match
Ask them what their problem is
Tell them that they should be more excited
Change the subject to something more interesting
9. It’s important not to get caught up in the “content” of what clients communicate, but instead to focus on what?
Their facial expression
What underlies the words
10. What aspect of a coach is NOT important in their role as a coach and in life in general?