Free Learning Center
Free Learning Center
Life Coach Quiz
1. What is the difference between a coach and psychotherapist?
A coach and a psychotherapist are the same thing
Coaches deal with mental illness, psychotherapists do not
Psychotherapists focus on mental illness, coaches do not
Coaches dislike psychotherapy
2. Why is clear communication so important in sessions with clients?
Makes clients feel important
Helps clients see the truth
Helps client respect coach
Maximizes positive impact in client’s life
3. It’s important for clients to utilize ______ in session so that they can get immediate feedback and support.
4. A coach should not be focused on making sure that sessions focus on the client’s issues and not __________.
The client’s relationships
The client’s goals
The coach’s problems
The coach’s encouragement
5. When the coach recognizes that there is a conflict of interest in the coaching relationship they should _______________.
Be open about it and discuss it with their client
Take notes about the conflict of interest
Discuss the conflict with their spouse
Stop seeing the client immediately
6. When a client brings in many different issues to the table, the coach should pick the topic that ________________.
The coach has most expertise in
That the client would like to start with
That seems like it would be easiest to solve
That the coach had just read an article about
7. What role should a coach take with a client when setting and prioritizing goals?
Co-creating goals with the client and facilitating the client’s self-discovery of goals
Critiquing client goals
Being hands off when the client establishes what they want to work on
Being the boss and telling the client what their goals should be
8. A client comes in and has achieved the goals that were set at the end of the last session. What is the first action of the coach?
To set new goals
To tell the client they could have worked harder
To celebrate and affirm the client
To tell the client that they no longer need coaching
9. You should help clients focus on their _______ with questions rather than staying stuck in the past.
10. It’s important for a coach to have _____to give a client space to express themselves.
Doubt and questioning
Confrontation and debate
Empathy and acceptance
Excitement and laughter